Teamwork Makes The Dream Work


Each manager at least once faced a decrease in the initiative of the team, and even complete lack of participation of staff. What to do with it? Teamwork makes the dream work, after all, not only the success of one project directly depends on the behavior of people in the company, but also the further development of business.

Teamwork makes the dream work are some useful tips on how to create an effective team and motivate each specialist to work for you.

Set a Goal, Then Create a Team

Teams don’t arise by themselves. From childhood, we are taught to be individual players, the best in class or at work. So, the teamwork makes the dream Work is possible only when you have the task to work together. When the task is done, you don’t need a team anymore.

Thus, the process of team building has to be nimble and technological. People improve their performance when they realize they have limited time.

Teamwork Makes The Dream Work

Focus on Professional Skills, Not Character

When creating a work team for a project, select employees solely on professional skills, not personality traits. Teamwork makes the dream work, trust, rapport, and a flexible redistribution of roles will emerge on their own as they communicate with each other.

The exception is for teams that are established for the long term. Creative extroverts who generate a new idea every hour are as quick to ignite as they are to burn out. The backbone should be made up of tolerant, accommodating, patient, and non-confrontational employees.

Establish Clear Rules From Day One

A team without a clear set of rules is suitable for going to the movies or a corporate trip to the countryside, but not for solving business problems. So, from the first day, rules should be as clear as terms for receiving bonuses with Woo Casino promo codes:

  • Think through the structure of the team.
  • Assign tasks to each participant.
  • Declare tangible motivation and think about intangible motivation.
  • Organize an efficient use of working time – such that none of the employees are not sitting idle, waiting for tasks from others.
  • Determine each participant’s area of responsibility.

Don’t overdo it. If the rules play into your hands at first, then they only slow down the team’s work. Allow time to “let go” of your employees and let them find their own ways to work better.

Respond to Questions

Create a sense of urgency and belief in the direction you want your employees to go. Everyone should be convinced that the team is truly facing a serious and urgent task. At the same time, team members should clearly understand what is expected of them.

Feedback is important. Employees who regularly receive feedback on their performance work more efficiently and make fewer mistakes.

Teamwork Makes The Dream Work

Give It a Taste of Victory

Start with goals that are ambitious but achievable in a short amount of time. Teamwork makes the dream work, let the team feel their effectiveness and see the opportunities.

Provide the team with fresh information and necessary resources. But only those resources that the team can’t get on its own.

Don’t Feed the Crocodiles

No leader is immune to conflict. And it’s important to resolve such situations prospectively.

Remember that most of the misunderstandings that occur in the team can be divided into three types:

  • Interpersonal conflicts.
  • Alliances “against.”
  • Resistance to change (the most dangerous for you).

Quarrels between employees, like alliances against someone, are the most frequent occurrences that require immediate intervention.

Don’t decide for employees and certainly don’t take someone else’s position. Invite the opposing parties to find options for resolving the conflict themselves, or ask how much time they need to think about their options. Wait for a response by the deadline and then act.

In the meantime, there is not a single company where employees have not resisted innovation. And teamwork makes the dream work is exactly the situation where you can’t respond to the “strikers. Remember, the truest rule for dealing with resistance is the “80:20” formula. You should give more attention (80%) to those employees who support you, and the rest (20%) to those who resist.